Annoying things that mentally healthy people say/do that totally don’t help at all
- “How are you doing…you know, are you doing okay with everything?” Said in a pitying, patronizing tone
- “If it’s really that bad, why aren’t you doing something about it?”
- “But that doesn’t seem like you. You’re so happy all the time, I don’t think the doctor was right.”
- “My cousin was depressed for a while but then he stopped drinking and started exercising and he really turned his life around. It seemed pretty easy.”
- “I don’t understand how you can be depressed. I mean, there are people out there who have it so much worse than you”
- Trying to one-up you. This isn’t the Sad-a-thon, depression isn’t a competition
- “It’s probably all that music you listen to. If you listen to upbeat music, you’ll feel happier.”
- When they say you can’t be depressed because you were laughing at a joke earlier
(via Della Wolf is B.C.’s 1st child with 3 parents on birth certificate - British Columbia - CBC News)
"A Vancouver baby has just become the first child in British Columbia with three parents listed on a birth certificate.
Three-month-old Della Wolf Kangro Wiley Richards is the daughter of lesbian parents and their male friend.
"It feels really just natural and easy, like any other family," said biological father Shawn Kangro. "It doesn’t feel like anything is strange about it."
B.C.’s new Family Law Act, which came into effect last year, allows for three or even more parents.
Della’s family is the first to go through the process, and they finalized the birth certificate registration last week.
B.C., which is celebrating Family Day on Monday, is the first province in Canada with legislation to allow three parents on a birth certificate, although it’s been achieved elsewhere through litigation.”
the better (not harper) side of canada.
THIS IS REALLY COOL AND IMPORTANT AND KIND OF FUCKING REVOLUTIONARY
Sometimes we get it right.
awwwh look at that happy family. ;~;
I feel like there is a really great story behind that rule and I would love to know it.
when my mother was pregnant with her second child, i was 4
i pointed at her swollen belly confused at how my mother
had gotten so big in such little time
my father scooped me in his tree trunk arms and said
the closest thing to god on this earth is a woman’s body
it’s where life comes from
and to have a grown man tell me something so powerful at such a young age changed me to see that the entire universe rested at my mother’s feet
my best friend just realized 30 minutes before her curfew that she’s an hour away from home in the most dangerous part of the city alone with the buses no longer running so she calls the police to take her home i cant stop laughing
update the cop that came to pick her up is a hot 20 year old guy thats flirting with her and now im not laughing anymore
SHE FUCKING HOOKED UP WITH THE COP
I’ve played entire games of Mario Kart watching the wrong screen
hickeys are beautiful because they are the only time a bruise results from love and affection rather than harm